My team continued to work on completing the case files. I focused on the coding. Had to research to find typing abilities in Processing. I decided to use the ControlP5 library to create user interface.
It seemed rather difficult, the textarea only accepted string and nothing else. I was trying to think of how to display a bunch of lines from the networked chat. Originally, I thought array list would be best and then somehow convert to string, but it didn’t work. In the end, I just added new lines of string to an existing string, which worked out great. I was concerned that it would crash, but we had made sure that if there was any “null” information that the server would skip it. This actually caused it to avoid crashing.
Then I used a ‘for’ loop to display files in a certain folder in a ListBox. It would grab the file path and display the file name, DirectoryList. It took me a while to get it to open, when pressed. Linda told me about open(), which makes processing open a path with the default application on the computer. It was perfect to work with, since there is no way of displaying pdf inside the sketch itself. I also had thought about using html, but I also found out that it couldn’t be displayed inside a sketch.
It seems to work well, hopefully it’ll be good for tomorrow.