Last minute changes to my interface. Went to Chinatown to get animal organs, let’s go a little crazy and see how it goes. Redesigned the box to be more like a vending machine/check-out counter. Simulated a scanner, since I can’t find a POS scanner that’s in my budget. Moved the printer, so that it is out of the way. Removed the concept of throwing all together.
Added a beep sound that occurs when an organ has been successfully scanned, like at the supermarket. Had to change the capacitors and figure out the frequency that worked best with the speaker installed.
Today was setup day and I had to make last minute run to Creatron/Home Hardware. People on Tuesday had to wait for people on Monday to clean up before we could setup. I had done the test setup on Friday and learned that somethings just don’t work in 310.
I was able to get my curtain up quickly. My parallel circuit fell apart a little. I knew breadboarding was probably a bad idea, but I didn’t have enough time to solder. I’m also changing the usage, the LED small momentary buttons from Creatron were 6 bucks each, so I’m not soldering that until I’m sure.
Then the funny thing is something started to smell like it was burning. I had just plugged my power supply (of 2 years) into the wall outlet and it fused. Should have known to use a power extension. I think there’s something wrong with the wiring in IMA, apparently Kathryn had the same problem. Luckily, my sister was home and brought me 2 power adapters that I knew had the right Amp and Voltage.
I took my parallel circuit home to fix and will bring it back to the User Test tomorrow morning to put in.